Five days from today, I shall be celebrating my 38th birthday. I don’t think I’ll have the time to write that day or in the coming days after tomorrow. In the mean time, I am committing to finish the following unfinished tasks below as I do not want them to get carried over my 38th year of existence. After all, it’s going to be a new beginning for me and I shall have new resolutions, new goals.
I know I won’t be able to keep myself away from my laptop though and it would take a long time to finish editing my blog posts, ensuring that the photos of certain articles would finally appear on the front page. As much as I consider myself a techie, I’m not exactly knowledgeable when it comes to the technical aspects of putting up a blog, or making one look exactly the way I want it to, at least. So, what I’ll do now is make sure that I get reminded of the following tasks and goals whenever I turn my computer on or visit my own website. How? By listing them here, of course!
- General house cleaning
- Weed the garden
- Revise articles
- Complete application for new jobs/projects
- Prepare travel documents and itineraries for upcoming trips
Goals for my 38th year
- Be more disciplined.
- Set aside a definite schedule for reading the Bible.
- Get more fit–only three (3) layers of visceral fats to lose–exercise and always go for healthier food options!
- Regularly write in my journal.
- Tithe consistently, double our savings, start investing in insurance and mutual funds, and pay off the rest of my debts by the end of 2015.
- Go out and treat myself at least once a month, especially when I have my period and mood swings start to kick in or when I start feeling overwhelmed by chores.
- Tend to my garden and play with the dogs (all five of them) at least once a week.
- Practice photography 3-5 times a week.
- Read a new book every other week and limit watching online videos/movies.
- Join a DGroup or a women’s Bible study group and stick with it!
- Attend online classes and volunteer meetings regularly.
- Spend more time with hubby (even if it’s only virtually) daily.
- Spend more time with the girls, i.e., do house chores, homework, and arts and crafts with them more regularly.
- Meet with my sibs at least once a month and visit our parents’ grave, preferably every first Sunday of the month.
- Treat my in-laws to a dinner or dessert at least once a month.
- Foster friendship. Go out at least once a month with some of my girl friends and explore new things, watch a movie, or simply talk and encourage one another. At the same time, get in touch with at least one old friend every other week and establish new ties.
- Look for new work-from-home opportunities.
- Translate and edit manuscripts regularly, i.e., every Thursday.
- Schedule a week’s worth of social media posts every Monday.
- Blog consistently (1-2 times a week) and start mingling with other bloggers, attending bloggers’ events, etc.
- Get involved in a community service/outreach program with my daughters at least once a year, and donate (i.e., blood, as well as pre-loved books, clothes, and toys) more often.
These may not look much to another person, but to me, they’re already a lot, especially the ones concerning my finances. I tend to adapt easily and slack, so I would need all the motivation and encouragement that I need. If I meet all these goals, before I turn 39, then I shall reward myself with another travel getaway. By God’s grace. ❤