The pandemic may seem to be taking so many things from us, and at one point, we all have probably wondered how we’re going to celebrate Christmas this year. I know I have. But I have also stopped asking questions because truth be told, I, we, are still blessed in so many ways that it would be impossible not to find something to be thankful for, big or small, every day. Right now, I am grateful and already excited about Christmas, especially after having attended the SMagical Christmas Launch online! In fact, all throughout November and December, SM has prepared exciting holiday surprises that are bound to dazzle its mall goers:
- Christmas Launches. On November 6, SM Supermalls treated everyone to a virtual, magical feast. Twelve different SM malls lit up their magnificent Christmas displays — from SM Mall of Asia and SM Megamall to SM Seaside City Cebu and SM CDO Downtown Premier! SM truly brings the magic of Christmas online through fireworks, orchestra, and whimsical characters! All the SM malls nationwide follow suit with their own magical Christmas light up on November 7 and 8. Mall goers will be delighted with a special lighting ceremony for hope and inspiration amid the pandemic, as well as singing flash mobs, cute Christmas characters, and surprise gifts.
- Christmas Chorale. What’s Christmas without some music? Feel the merriments of the season by watching Holiday choir performances at select SM malls this December. Meet up with your family and friends at SM and enjoy some Holiday tunes! It will surely be an awesome experience! No need to worry because strict safety protocols are in place at SM malls, so you can just focus on the magic of the celebration.
- Christmas Markets. It’s the season of giving! Help MSMEs bounce back from the negative impact of the pandemic by buying your Holiday essentials and gifts at SM’s nationwide Christmas Markets from November 9 to January 3. As part of the Kasama Ng SM campaign and DTI’s Buy Local, Support Local, the Christmas Markets will feature unique local products and goods so shoppers can buy from small businesses and help them bounce forward and recover.
- Selfie with Santa. Don’t fret – SM has made sure you won’t miss your annual selfie with Santa this year! You can pose with a virtual Santa Claus safely and via augmented reality at SM. Wanna give it a try? Simply scan the AR markers located in select areas in SM malls and have a photo with virtual Santa. Don’t forget to share your Holiday snaps online to your family and friends!
- SM Bears of Joy. Starting November 4 until Christmas Day, SM Supermalls is giving back through its annual Bears of Joy campaign. This time around, shoppers can collect special medical frontliner Bears of Joy. Throughout the Christmas season, you can buy a pair of bears for P200.00 – one bear for you to keep and the other for charity.
- TikTok Fam Contest. Have fun with your family and spread some Christmas joy by joining the TikTok Fam Contest. Simply showcase your dance moves to your favorite Christmas song in your favorite SM mall and you can get a chance to win exciting prizes!
Indeed, Christmas is almost here and not even the pandemic can take away the beloved tradition of Filipino families to celebrate this joyous occasion at SM. Let the wonderful, magical, and truly merry Christmas at SM drive away the blues! Sama-sama tayo sa Pasko sa SM!
For more information, visit http://www.smsupermalls.com or follow @smsupermalls on all social media platforms.