[Sponsored Post] Covid-19 came and it’s still here. With it also came the realization that we can live at bare minimum, and we could always be creative and improvise. DIY has become the buzz word all over the world. While the pandemic continues to rage on, we continue to have hope too.
We have not forgotten to celebrate life, birthdays, anniversaries, and other occasions that are meaningful to us –– we’d do it online and have virtual parties, if that’s what it takes, just to see our loved ones. We have become very familiar with the use of virtual backgrounds. Who knew we could party as if we’re at the beach or in a vast, beautiful garden, etc. just by using them, and then dressing up the part with only up to waist-length costumes, etc.?
Surely, the pandemic has made it clear how having a good relationship with our family, relatives, friends, neighbors, and co-workers could help keep our sanity, and so we try to celebrate the people in our lives and what little accomplishments we may have during these hard times.
And now that community quarantine has started to ease up in various places, with the advent of vaccines, many are raring to go back to face-to-face meetings; some have even started doing that already. If you’re planning to host a party soon and you find yourself wondering how to do it again, here are some suggestions to make your house ready for an upcoming celebration and some tips on decorating it, too:
- Choose an area in your house where guests would have enough space to mingle comfortably, while still practicing some sort of physical distancing. After all, the virus is still around us. As much as possible, pick an area that is also airy and has a good source of natural lighting. The natural light not only adds beauty to the surroundings, but also tends to make almost everything look good in photos.
2. Clear the clutter in your house, paying extra attention to areas where your guests are bound to set foot in, such as the hallway, living room, and the bathroom. These are the spaces where anyone new to your place should feel welcomed or relaxed, and it goes without saying that they should be clean like the rest of the house, disinfected even. More, as you put decorations or centerpieces in such areas, you’d definitely want your guests to see them instead of the clutter or dust, right?
3. Add a little life to your party by using (live) plants as decorations. They could be potted plants, fresh flowers in a vase, or a variety of tiny plants in a terrarium. Gardening has become one of the most popular hobbies during the pandemic that everyone seems to have a deeper appreciation for plants now, not to mention plants help clean the air, act as natural decors, and yes, they can be a good conversation starter too.
4. Make sure the decors you choose reflect the party theme or motif, especially on the wall that would serve as the main backdrop, as well as on the serving and/or dining tables. These decors may include balloons, banners, ribbons, photos, paintings, toys, stickers, etc.
5. Make the room more festive with fairy lights, candles, or colored light bulbs. Even if it’s in broad daylight, fairy lights and candles could still make the room brighter and help set the mood, did you know?
6. Create your own DIY decorations by recycling/reusing any available material you have, as well as downloading printables online.
This is very practical, especially when you want to be on top of everything, when you want to make sure that your decors would follow a cohesive theme, at the same time reflect your personality or the personality of the person you’re celebrating, as well as if you enjoy crafting and designing and if you want to avoid overspending.
One good source of printable materials is designbundles.net. They provide affordable digital products, such as graphics, templates, mock ups, patterns, illustrations, and craft files. At Design Bundles, you can browse over 150,000 marketplace products and save a lot of money on their curated Design Bundles with up to 96% off the regular retail price. Their turtle clipart and puppy clip art collections, in particular, are on sale now! You may use them on your invitations, souvenirs, banners, and other decors.
7. You may dress up the seats by tying balloons, ribbons, tulle, etc. on to them. You may also decorate wooden chairs and benches with stencils, especially that stencil templates are also available at Design Bundles.
8. Remember to use food as part of your decoration. Find ways to make them look attractive, especially these days when people like to take photos of their food first before eating them. Of course, make sure that they taste as good as they look too, or even better!
With all these tips in mind, I hope that you will now be able to prepare your house and decorate it without overwhelming yourself on your next family celebration. Cheers! ❤